We recommend a main service every 12 months and a interim service every 6 months or 500 miles for higher mileage riders.
Regular maintenance and periodical checks will keep your bicycle working more efficiently, last longer and increase the pleasure of your cycling.
Fitting of any minor parts will be included in the service charge eg. Fitting of tyres and brake pads.
Parts used regarded as other than ‘minor’ will be charged extra. Other extra work is chargeable, please see Stand Alone Repairs below.
Estimates will be given for any additional work.
Interim Service (every 6 months)
Brake & gear adjustment Tyres & safety check £35.00
Main Service (every 12 months)
What’s included :
- Bike set-up to fit rider if required
- Check & adjust brakes and clean braking surfaces
- Check & adjust gears
- Check tyre pressure & tread wear
- Check and adjust wheels & hubs
- True wheels on bike
- Check and adjust headset
- Check for chain & drive-train wear
- Ultrasonic cleaning of cassette and chain where possible
- Clean & lubrication of drive-chain (chain, gears & associated components)
- Check/Clean/Lubricate electrical components as required
- Clean & lubrication of brake & gear cables
- Check torque of bike components
- Diagnostics check & advice on any further work necessary
Main Service (every 12 months) £79.00
Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)
- New electric bike from box. Build & set up to BS6102 PT 1, 1992 £49.00
- Any bikes purchased and collected from Tringmotion – We will build & set up to BS6102 PT 1, 1992 within the purchase price of your new bike.
- We will check and adjust all bikes 6 weeks after pdi, simply call us to book an appointment.
Brake Service – Brake adjustment clean, inspect pad/replace & lubricate £19.00
Replace inner cables & outer housing (Front and Rear) including adjustments. Includes brake service £20.00 extra charge on concealed cables (where electric component removal is required)
Hydraulic brake service & adjustment Remove brake pads, clean & inspect, replace fluid & bleed the system (cost of fluid/mineral oil not included) £30.00
Disc brake fitting
Single (to suitable frame/forks) £15.00
Combined brake & gear service £34.00 (mechanical)
Combined brake & gear service £34.00 (mechanical)
- Gear service adjustment, inspect & lubricate (front & rear) £23.00
- Gear cables (Front and Rear) replace & adjust pair £20.00 extra charge on cables routed via motor
- Front derailleur (seat tube) replacement including adjustment £27.00
- Front derailleur (bottom bracket) replacement including adjustment £29.00
- Rear derailleur replacement including adjustment. Replace derailleur hanger £17.00
- Chain & cassette/Freewheel replacement (recommended replacing as a pair to stop slipping and reduce rapid wear) £30.00
- Bottom bracket replacement £27.00
- Chain-set/Crank-set replacement £27.00
- Re tap crank pedal thread £7.99 (pair £12)
Carried out between 4-6 weeks after date of purchase £35.00
Bikes purchased from Tringmotion F.O.C
Cycle inspection report (e-bike)
Inspection & Report £25.00
We highly recommend the Overhaul Service for the higher milage cyclist and for off roaders, particularly if used in a hostile environment such as canal/river towpaths £145.00
What’s included in an Overhaul Service:
A Main Service plus:
- Complete strip down
- Clean & re-greasing of components and open bearings
- Complete check on all components
- Brake service, including inner & outer casing change (cost of cables included)
- Adjust & bleed hydraulic system - if fitted (fluid extra charge)
- Gear cable change & re-tune (cost of cables included)
- Wheels tensioned & trued
Stand Alone Repairs - Excludes materials
Tyres & Wheels
- Tyre or tube replacement £10.00 (pair £17)
- Electric Bikes £15.00 (pair £23)
- Tubeless from £20 per wheel
- Tyre or tube change for wheels off the bike £5.00
- Wheel Build £35.00 (pair £60)
- Spoke replacement in wheel (replacements £1.20 plus spoke) £15.00
- Hub Service Front £15.00
- Hub Service Rear £25.00
Suspension & Headset
- Fork Fitting £27.00
- Headset service or replacement £27.00
- Fork service P.O.A
- Lower fork service £30.00
Bars & Grips/Tape
- Fit/replace handlebar £40.00
- Fit/replace stem £20.00
Fitting & adjustment (lights, computer, kick stand, child carrier, mudguard, luggage rack, bottle & cage etc P.O.A
Many accessories supplied by Tringmotion are normally fitted free of charge.
Remember: Please ask if there is anything specific you require and we will gladly deliver your order as part of our service.
Price list is for labour including VAT. Parts are extra.
Work pre-authorisation - Please note up to £50 extra is assumed as authorised unless agreed to the contrary at booking
Late collections - we reserve the right to charge storage fees for late collections as well as non correspondence for work authorisation
If your bicycle is in a dirty condition there may be a charge for cleaning to allow for closer inspection of the frame & components.
Call us on 01442780976 or 01442827111